Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A better day

I got a chuckle this morning when I told my wife that I'd mentioned to a coworker she knows that Potter and I had "gotten each other in trouble" yesterday. I noticed at lunch that she has had quite a productive morning, even if she dismissed it as mostly an effort to "keep myself awake."  I think that's really part of how she apologizes, or at least attempts to make reparations for conflict. And she put off the nap for which she was so desperate until after I'd left to come back to work, hanging out with me while I had lunch. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

Oh, and the partially non-functional spare bedroom door that contributed such a key role to yesterday's conflict now functions again.  Turns out that there was a screw protruding from the strike plate. It also turns out that there's no wood behind it to speak of anymore, so pushing it back in allows the door to latch properly.

So, no more chocolate for the dog, until the next time one of us get careless.  It does look like I need to hang a new door, though.  I'll probably go ahead and do all four of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment