Saturday, March 31, 2012

Passage, continued

I can't seem to recall the specific moment, near the end of the program, that I offered a quiet "thank you" to God for the privilege of proclaiming his love, a response which grows out of the more fundamental privilege of being his adopted son (or daughter).  I never got choked up on Yours is the Kingdom before, though.

As I abide in you - as you live in me - may others see your glory!

What a gift, to be part of such a powerful ministry, but God Himself is the greater gift, and the more deeply we receive him the more we realize this is a gift too great to be kept to ourselves, and yet the act of sharing him becomes another gift, or perhaps more accurately is the means to more fully receive him ourselves.  

It wasn't until later that the emptiness began to take hold.  But I receive this, too, as a participation in every disciples' experience of Christ's passing, knowing that there is no death in him that does not bring a greater resurrection, even if our three days in the tomb can seem to stretch into timeless eternity sometimes. 

I don't know what God is going to do next - even when we have an inkling of what comes next, we rarely know what it truly holds - but I trust it will manifest his glory in some marvelous way.

No comments:

Post a Comment