Sunday, March 11, 2012

. . . continued

But more than merely desiring or hoping, neither of which necessarily have any significant impact on my own actions, I must look to be an instrument by which God somehow might bring it closer to reality.  It isn't that I am responsible for saving anyone else - let alone everyone! - but that I am called to be part of Christ's body in the world.  It is through this body that he now works to bring to completion in the world the work he completed in eternity through his original Paschal journey through death to resurrection.  We haven't gotten to that sixth word of his on the cross, yet, but, "It is finished," obviously cannot mean that everyone whom the Father desires to transform in his love now has been. When I truly accept the gift of grace for myself, it becomes a burden burning in my heart that others will come to know him, as well. And that great compulsion drives me no matter how patently obvious it may appear that some other may not deserve it, if only I am aware that deserving it is never a part of the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment