Monday, March 19, 2012

Could it be that I'm going to cycle this year?

I actually rode my bike twice this week.  On Thursday evening I rode about 24 miles when I was planning planning on 20, after I ran into a friend about a mile after I turned around.  Then yesterday I did about 22 when I'd been planning on 18 or so; it was just so gorgeous, and it felt so nice to be out.  Of course, the slight push on the way out contributed to that decision, as the mostly southerly wind was also coming just a bit from the west, so the ride back in was not so relaxing!  Still, it was so nice to get out! And I'm not sure, but it could be that the combined mileage was more than I completed in any single week last year.

Update: Was just looking back at my log.  From 2004-2008, I logged over 2000 miles a year.  Since then I've logged 1100, 700, and last year I didn't bother keeping a log but I'm sure I was not over 200 miles.  Just haven't had - or made - the time.

This year is going to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment