Monday, September 29, 2014

Rooting it out

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more. Amen. - St. Ignatius of Loyola

It is time to allow God to root out this dissatisfaction that I have welcomed as a long-term companion.

I am afraid of falling short, but I plan to begin the Spiritual Exercises this evening.

But as it happens, this may be the perfect time in my life for them. In the past, I think I would have felt as if this was something I was doing (i.e. of myself) rather than something God is doing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment