Thursday, May 02, 2013

Honest-intentioned advertising - but not in effect

On the way back from not casting an early ballot at lunch time today - because it turns out that there isn't a special election for my precinct next week while we're gone - I drove through the Oregon Historic District. Two long-standing storefronts on its "main drag," directly across the street from each other and I believe owned and run together, are a pair of "adult-oriented" businesses; from the outside one seems to focus on movies and the other on "toys."

The marquee on one of them brazenly beckons with the enticement of PURE JOY FOR ALL.

I'm sure that's what they're trying to offer. Unlike a true charlatan, they may even believe it's what they're delivering. I think a more accurate description of what they're peddling would be: IMPURE PASSING PLEASURE FOR THE ENSLAVED.  The marquee has plenty of room to display the truth.

Oh, that I had no clue of what I speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment