Thursday, May 09, 2013

A few moments of panic

So, on our second time getting a temporary pass, on our second trip trip here, the staff at the gate tells us for the first time that, because our rental agreement indicates that we have declined the car rental company's insurance, we can't be allowed access to the post without proof of our own insurance. I could have shown them the documentation they insisted on via my phone had I just been able to remember the damned password. My passworded password file, however, was on my computer, which was already on the post due to their previously and consistently lax enforcement of their proof-of-insurance requirement.

A civilian member of the staff proceeded to lecture us at length about how foolish it is to *ever* decline the rental car company's insurance, primarily based on the threat of an unscrupulous agency charging our credit card for damage that was already done to the vehicle. Then he provided the pass we needed.

Since I don't have any way of printing here, I now have my insurance account info on my smart phone. The first time I try to use it I'm sure to be highly anxious that this won't be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment