Thursday, May 16, 2013

A longer than expected 3rd day on Hawai'i . . .

. . .  and back to Oahu. Just a few quick thoughts:

  • Another very nice breakfast. Dennis, our host at Plumeria Hills Bed and Breakfast, runs a great place. If you're ever looking for somewhere to stay in the Puna district, I strongly recommend this place!
  • A brief stop by Hilo Bay left me longing for a chance to paddle an outrigger canoe across its smooth surface.
  • Really, if we'd known we were going to have four hours of delay in the airport, we could have had some canoe time.
  • Go! airlines never gets another cent of my money unless I hear from reliable sources that they've resolved their reliability and timeliness issues.
  • My efforts to avoid Honolulu at rush hour were well warranted. H1 is no fun at 5 p.m.
  • It is good to be back with family.  It's going to be so hard to leave them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment