Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Progress, and not

So last night I finished our annual income tax exercise. It was our latest filing in years - maybe ever, by calendar date, though I think I may have needed an extension one year.  We were late this year because of waiting for paperwork related to my father-in-law's estate, then confusion over how to report one piece of information (which ended up being a small deduction from estate income that the tax software wouldn't support; it would have increased our refund just slightly, so I just skipped it).  I was *so* excited at the chunk we're getting back from our federal return, and started making mental plans for the new instrument I've been considering for over a year, as well as thinking about a major jewelry purchase I've been looking forward to making.

Then I went to verify our bank account number prior to e-filing, and saw a savings balance that, while not frightening by a long shot, was still unexpectedly and significantly lower than I was expecting.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment