Saturday, April 21, 2012

Busy week

I expected that, in the absence of organized activities early on, I figured this week would be a breeze.  So much for expectations.

Sunday night I knew we had set up a music rehearsal for our Thursday meeting, so I was already counting on that being a lost night.  Monday night I did the taxes.  (Phew; I was worried I was going to have to file for an extension.)  Since we had no prayer group Tuesday night, I ended up taking my longest bike ride in 20 months.  I sure hope I get to build on that.  It sure made for a lousy night's sleep, though!  Wednesday we had a fairly shortish choir rehearsal, after which I basically had to occupy myself.  Thursday's quarterly prayer and praise gathering was wonderful though I do think we need to work on a couple things, including developing the gifts that we claim to be about developing.  If the same "old timers" are sharing each time, we're doing something wrong.  But it was especially wonderful to introduce this new group of musicians to a different way of leading worship, and to see our praise of God reach new heights as we each offered our talents to his glory!

Then last night was the Elizabeth's New Life Center banquet.  The main speaker was once the business manager of several abortion clinics in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Her sharing of the agenda which those who are in the abortion business take into the school environment was chilling and enraging.  Her insight into the brokenness of many of those who work in this area was saddening.  And her remorse over her own role, prior to her delivery into the love of Christ Jesus, was heartrending.  It was wonderful to be with so many of our friends who were also there, and also to meet and be affirmed by folks I met for the first time who were so touched by Jubilee's Lenten ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment