Sunday, December 08, 2013

Voices in the wilderness

The prophecy meant that God was to come to a deserted place, inaccessible from the beginning - Eusebius of Caesarea, bishop, a commentary on Isaiah

Oh, like my heart, you mean?

No, I'm not being hard on myself with that inquiry. Each one of us is, at times, a deserted place in need of hearing the Good News that the kingdom of God is at hand. At other times we each to be the voice crying out in the wilderness, bringing the message of hope to those who have been bereft of it.

And both when we are brought the message and when we bear it to others, we are blessed by the Word of Life.

Sometimes I feel like a tired old man who has nothing to offer a world that is passing me by. Yet still I will cry out to those in the deserted place that God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment