Monday, November 26, 2012

Today pretty much sucks

Okay, so I messed up the calendar just a touch, and it turns out that today is the time-math intersection at which 2x = x + 17.5.  Oddly enough, I've just realized that there's also almost a 3x in the mix, since I was almost 17.5 years old when the YMCA happened to me.

It's also our granddaughter Emma's 4th birthday (thank God for one positive!).  She was born on our late nephew's birthday, though I can't for the life of me remember for certain which one today would have been - his 40th maybe?  And that adds a closer element for me, as I can't very well empathize with my surviving nephews' pain over the loss of their sibling without being reminded of mine.

I know I'm supposed to rejoice in all things, but I just don't seem to have it in me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment