Thursday, November 15, 2012

And the beat goes on . . .

I guess it's probably a good thing that this sort of story is more common than it used to be.  I'm convinced this doesn't mean it's happening more often, just that it's being reported more.  I'm also glad to see that it isn't just the sports-related ones that make the news - although this is obviously not going national, as it shouldn't - and that everyone is being so careful to protect the survivors' privacy, which should encourage others to come forward with such allegations.

At the same time, the specific grooming pattern and the location here are both painfully familiar, and makes this particular story hit very close to home emotionally as well as geographically.

And I'm a little stupidly jealous.

Even though I've forgiven him, I find I must make the decision to forgive once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment