Friday, November 02, 2012

Q time?

Time?  It certainly was time together.  Q?  Well, the first part of the evening, when we played a game together for the first time in weeks, was nice.  The rest of it was mostly just time in the same room.  Is that the same thing for you?  'Cause it kind of isn't for me.  Don't get me wrong, though: it was better than time not in the same room.

It isn't that I'm complaining about the evening, actually.  It was pleasant enough.  I'm just concerned that our relationship has devolved to a point where that passes any test of a quality evening.  We deserve better than this, and I wish you thought so, too.

Now, I'm not going to be satisfied with just posting this here where you'll probably never see it and lamenting our condition.  (When is the last time you've read this?)  But I probably also will not be this blunt as I try to raise our quality standards back to where they belong. (I imagine that I feel a little like how the American auto industry must have felt a few decades ago, when they finally realized just how far they'd slipped . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment