Monday, November 19, 2012

A quibble about Flight *SPOILER (of the worst sort)*

(I really think that this sort of observation is more revealing than any specific details would be.)

I've been reflecting on how this movie blindsided me, and it finally occurs to me that this had to have been intentional.  Do the director and the studio wish to mislead the addicted into an experience that they build their whole lives around trying to avoid, one that might motivate them to deal with their own issues?  If so, I suppose I can't feel too angry with them for basically lying to the public regarding what this movie is.  But the trailers and advertising definitely created the impression that this movie was about something very different - and less important, really, to most people - from what it ultimately brought home so powerfully.

As an ACA, though, I wish I could have made my own choice whether to see this movie, as opposed to the one they advertised.

No comments:

Post a Comment