Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sandusky

I'm glad the jury believed the testimony of his victims, and I hope they feel affirmed by that.  It is so incredibly validating to have your story accepted.  One of the times I felt the greatest sense of relief in my life was when my mom believed me - once I finally told her, 20 years later - without hesitation.  I can't imagine how hard it was for her to hear such news.  Of course, she'd been somewhat prepared by being aware of her husband's bisexuality, but still, this was the person with whom she'd built her life.  And before him had been her first husband.  Yet she left the implications for herself aside at least long enough to recognize the truth of what I shared and to support me in that moment.

Mom, I miss you so much, and I'm so grateful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment