Monday, July 11, 2016

Three emotional tugs

The second doesn't really compare, but:
  • Teri came up the stairs last night to show me an e-mail from a dear friend, whose wife, also a dear friend, is losing her long battle against brain cancer. I've probably known her from our prayer group for a quarter-century, and have gotten to know the two of them in a new way from marriage encounter over the last decade. 
  • I awoke this morning from a strange dream featuring my grandfather and my sister. I haven't dreamed of either of them in so very long.
  • Then saw that a dear parishioner's mom, also a parishioner, passed away from a mysterious illness. She'd been battling for so long, and I need to remember that she is now free!
I'm deciding to interpret the second of these as a reminder that these dear friends are entering more fully into God's presence amid the full communion of saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment