Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A decent night's sleep matters. So does praise!

Monday night was awful. I was awake at least 5 separate times due to a combination of intestinal activity, cramping, and emotional factors. All of yesterday bore a shadow of exhaustion-induced hopelessness. It was hard for me to focus on the things that I need to in order to keep hope in sight.

Nothing about our circumstances has changed since; indeed, the evening was further confirmation of the things that confound me. Yet today I seem more able to remember the greater truths on which I need to keep my attention. As a result, despair seems further from me.

The two differences seem to be: a few consecutive solid hours of sleep, which followed a really nice prayer group last night.

I am healthier when I seek to be a more grateful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment