Monday, June 06, 2016

"Thy will" challenges

I started to make a list, but then realized that the seven deadly sins would do as a great starting point, allowing me to focus on ways I tend, or that I see others tend, to justify myself/themselves as I/they indulge the ones to which I am / they are prone:
  • Sometimes it can be hard for my faith in God to be thorough. What if I'm wrong? Am I not then depriving myself of some desirable thing?
  • They are struggling so greatly with that circumstance. Surely it would better - or more just - for them to have whatever thing they seem to need?
  • If people will not choose to do the right thing, we'll simply have to make them.
  • I can't help myself. 
  • God understands.
Being conscious of these, in the moment, can be the first line of defense against them.


No comments:

Post a Comment