Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Weird dream

Cousins in my dreams last night. I was driving around what was supposed to be Baltimore with one of my cousins, because we had tickets to the ball game. I wanted to see how the city looked following the riots, but we weren't close to where the damage was. We finally pulled into a playground and parked, and one of my cousin's friends who I know pulled up on a motorcycle. I threw my arm around his neck like we were best buddies and inquired carefully how he was doing, as his wife had recently died (in real life, he has been divorced for a couple years).  We made our way into a building which at first I thought was a back entrance to the stadium but turned out to be a brick apartment building. As we were walking down the stairs, my cousin's friend tried to squirm out of my grasp, and I let him go as we entered the apartment. There was my next younger cousin sitting with the guest of honor at a child's birthday party, perhaps one of her relatives but not one of mine. I greeted her with a hug, with which she didn't seem entirely comfortable. I then saw her sister standing on the other side of the child, but when I went to hug her I accidentally stepped on her toe, about which she gave me no end of grief during the brief remainder of my dream, from which I awoke when my alarm went off.

No comments:

Post a Comment