Sunday, May 10, 2015

From Cassie..

"Basically I give up... For today.
I'm tired of people making me feel small. I'm tired of doubting my abilities and not being able to see my worth b/c I have someone else's voice ringing in my ear. You actually believe that I'm a bad parent and that disgusts me! Attack me on Mother's Day! How did I not see this one coming?! Stop for a second, look at me, see my heart, see what I've done, how hard I fight, see my spirit, see my struggles, see my scars, see my children, see my 4 little people and be proud. Be proud. I deserve it. Don't focus on which decisions of mine you would have done differently. Stop reminding me constantly what I failed at, what I've missed, what I don't have, what I can't do, and how I need to be better. Just be proud. Support me. Be loyal to me. Be uplifting. Be encouraging. BE PROUD.
 — feeling heartbroken."

I'm probably the one who made her feel that way.

But:

1: You know what? When the kids insist that they don't want to go to their mom's because there is no food in the house and mom is always on her phone, to the point of crying when we tell them that we're taking them home, I think you should know that, and my *not* telling you would be more unsupportive, disloyal, and discouraging. I was not attacking you.

2: I have no right to be proud of you, nor of any other human being. Pride is reserved for our accomplishments, and I did not accomplish you. But by no means either am I ashamed of you. 

3: Being "good enough" doesn't mean that you don't have things you need to be working on. Being too pleased with yourself, though, can be a hindrance to things that your kids need you to work on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment