Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Transforming (phase 4) - The Ascension (step 32) - session 4

Jesus said to his disciples: “Now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, `Where are you going?'  But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. 
Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.  And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. ” - Jn 16:5-11

Again, these words from the Last Supper discourse precede Jesus' crucifixion, but are just as applicable to his ascension.

Alas, I have no heart to reflect further on them today, except to plead that he would convince those I love concerning sin and righteousness and judgment, and me as well, inasmuch as is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment