Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Another divorce

And another chip is gone from my heart today.

I don't think she should have had to continue to put up with what she did. They couldn't be together the way that they were. But I also think that they could have each gone to work on their issues if they'd wanted to, but that neither of them was willing to work on themselves. They still aren't. One wants to feel better at the other's expense; the other wants to use self-esteem as a substitute for real growth.

God can heal what the government has declared dead. Please heal them, God.

I know I was an abominable father, but did I do nothing right? 

Yeah, I know it isn't about me.

He hurt my daughter terribly, but he was still my family.

She wants to sing. I want to cry. I want to cry for her, because she is too relieved to cry for herself. Someone should mourn, though. I don't wish her back in that situation, but I can be sad anyway, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment