Monday, May 11, 2015

Transforming (phase 4) - The Ascension (step 32) - session 2e

Acts 1:1-12 (cont.)

And when he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven." 

Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a sabbath day's journey away. - (9-12)

So, all my thoughts about this passage were actually more about what turned out to be my next reflection . . .

And so the disciples return to Jerusalem to await the promised outpouring of the Holy Spirit. A sabbath day's journey seems to be less than 3/4 mile, a distance which also fits with Jesus and the disciples going there after the Passover supper.

Even with the additional scripture passage which I've added as another session, I may still be a day away from beginning the Pentecost novena, unless I end up having multiple reflections on that passage. If so, perhaps I shall revisit one of the earlier steps from Holy Week which felt as if I gave it short shrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment