Thursday, October 25, 2012

Three weird dreams

  1. I don't remember who was in the first dream with me, at the start, but they'd had either a shoulder injury or shoulder surgery and couldn't lower their arm as a result.  At first I was holding their arm and trying to lower it, but by the end I was trying to lower my own, and couldn't in either case.  I must have been gradually waking up, as I finally realized that I was awake with my arms both up over my head, my shoulders sore from being in that position, and slowly let go of my fingers and lowered my arms, rolling over and going back to sleep. So I had incorporated my body position into this dream.
     
  2. In the second dream, my wife came into the bedroom to complain about my snoring, but in my dream I was not asleep, so started looking around to figure out where the snoring was coming from.  Potter was on the floor by the bed (wherever we were; it wasn't our own bedroom) and we thought it was him, but when I disturbed him to wake him up the sound continued.  Next we thought it might be our youngest granddaughter, who in my dream was sleeping in a bassinet next to the bed, but when we jostled her gently we saw that the snoring was coming from somewhere else and started looking around to determine where.  Finally I awoke from my dream to discover my wife was sawing logs in our bed next to me, which I had incorporated into this second dream.
     
  3. After lying awake next to my snoring wife for a while, I moved into the guest room to try to salvage some of the night's rest, where I had my third dream.  I was dancing with a group in a store space in a shopping mall that had been set up as a dance space.  I had my haircut from when I was 20, and was dancing better than I have ever actually danced in my life.  There were various colors of fluorescent lighting flashing on and off from the floor and the walls, including quite a bit of neon green. I hopped down from the top of a cube and then assumed with my body a pose on the floor that the choreographer intended to represent the cube, at which point the green glow seemed to outline me.  As the group met after the performance, it was generally agreed that this move was lame, and for this reason I was dismissed from the group, along with another male dancer.  I thanked the group for the wonderful opportunity to dance with them.  I was then having a conversation at a food establishment in the mall with a female dancer who'd previously been cut from the group, and we tried to encourage each other that it wasn't a reflection of our skills but due to other factors.  I was confused that I'd been cut because of a lame move that the choreographer had approved and even insisted on.  We were walking past the dance space as I woke up.  The only external stimulus I can think of that may have been incorporated into this dream might have been the lights of cars passing by on the street, or perhaps that annoying streetlight that keeps going off as soon as it reaches full brightness . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment