Thursday, October 04, 2012

The Nightmare Before . . .

I heard Tim Burton this morning talking about how his movies are a reflection of his thought processes from his childhood.  At one point he discussed how, even with having a family of his own and overall a really good life, those dark feelings from his youth - in a suburbia so physically close to Disney's (and other) studios yet a world away - are never very far from him.

It's a fascinating commentary on the commonality of human experience that I can so relate to what he shared even without being a fan of his work.  As we enter into the season of autumn, which is always a mixed emotional bag for me, it might be good for me to try to bear in mind the effect the emotional inertia of my youth still has on me, to see if I can recognize it without getting caught up in it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment