Monday, October 22, 2012

Thoughts on Zig

You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. - Zig Ziglar

Truer words were never spoken.

This is why it is so important to guard our hearts and minds.  The truth is that there may be many stimuli over which we have no control whatever, but there are countless others that are the direct or indirect result of choices that we make.  The entertainment and experiences we choose form us.  If I choose things that espouse values at odds with what I proclaim to be my own, it will affect me.  (It may also reveal that my values aren't really what I proclaim . . . )

Through decades of experience, I have found that when I focus my attention on the wrong things - put the wrong things into my mind - it can change how I interpret my whole life.


No comments:

Post a Comment