Monday, January 13, 2014

Growing older is a fascinating process

I was noticing that my password expires on my mother's and oldest grandson's birthday. He was born on her 60th birthday, so I always know how old my mom would have been if she were still alive based on how old my grandson is.

This morning, that process broke, in my mind, albeit briefly. When I came up with what my mom's age would be, my brain balked for a moment. It took a moment of recalculating against her birth year for me to figure out what had happened: I'd somehow lopped three years off of my oldest grandson's life.

This annoys me on multiple levels. Mostly, it bothers me that I'm old enough for that sort of thing tostart happening, and by "that sort of thing" I mean my mind thinking that my descendants must be that much younger than they are.

(Okay, maybe it would have been more honest to use a different f-word for the post title.)

No comments:

Post a Comment