Thursday, March 30, 2006

Separation, Day 2


My wife is out of town for most of a week, and so far I have been too busy to miss her much for most of the day.

But when I've come home from work the past two days, I've missed knowing there was someone who loves me to greet me. This little guy is always excited to see me, but it isn't quite the same.

And when I climb into bed, I miss being able to unpack the day with her, but even more I miss knowing that I'm going to spend the next 8 hours next to the person (besides God) who loves me the most.

Around Saturday evening I'm going to get a chance to catch my breath during the day, at which point I'll probably start missing her a lot more frequently. But I'm really glad this separation is only for a few days, and even if my waking hours are filled to the brim with activity between now and next Tuesday, I'm going to be really glad when she's home.

1 comment:

  1. I am also glad this seperation is only temporary. I miss both of you. Love you LOTS

    ReplyDelete