Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Odd conversation from this morning

"Oh crap!" I jump out of bed.

"I know what that's about!"

I dash to get the trash and recycle to the curb. "Let me grab the trash from this trash can." There is scattered mail paper on the floor around the overflowing can, as well.

"Just throw that whole thing in the recycle bin."

"Well, that might have been an option before I threw trash in there."

"What trash, when?"

"Well, this just now, and that," pointing to the dust and dirt I'd swept up, "the other night." I pick up some of those things off the floor and toss them in, too.

"Why are you throwing out those coupons!"

"I assumed they were trash!  What are they doing on the floor?"

So, stuff to keep goes on the floor. An overflowing trash can full of recyclables. I'm so confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment