Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prayer time

Lord, You are more precious than silver.
Lord, You are more costly than gold.
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds,
and nothing I desire compares with You.

Let me never be unaware, Lord, that what you desire of and for me is always what is best for me and for all of your precious sons and daughters.

Purify my heart.
Let me be as gold and precious silver.
Refiner's Fire, my heart's one desire is to be holy,
set apart for You, Lord.
I choose to be holy,
set apart for you, my Master,
ready to do your will.

Lord, please finish putting to death the carnal parts of me, anything that believes that this world's perspective has anything of value to offer.  There's another song that says

Holiness, holiness is what I long for.
Holiness is what I need.
Holiness, holiness is what you want from me.

Yet I believe, Lord, that holiness is what you want for me.  You know that I don't have it to offer; all I have is my will, Lord, which so often is stubborn and so easily deceived.  Help me conform my will to Yours, precious One.  Help me to be less self-centered.  You are my only hope, yet help me to believe in You, to keep my eyes on You, not for the sake of my hope, but for true love of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment