Monday, June 19, 2017

Pretty nice Father's Day

Although there was one conspicuous absence, I had a pretty good Father's Day, for a change. I don't know what happened to the voice of failure, but I'm not lamenting its absence. I received an especially affirming message from our oldest daughter, whose respect and love bear unmistakable testimony to the power of God's grace and healing. It would have been nice to hear from our youngest daughter, but she blessed me so abundantly on my birthday that it's hard to complain.

So one of my most historically difficult times of year has concluded. I couldn't help thinking of and praying for those I know who struggle with yesterday for some of the same reasons I do, and for completely different ones. Thank you, God, for being a Father who far transcends any failings of our own dads, or our own as dads. You use even those shortcomings and deep wounds to teach us of you, by contrast.  Thank You for your abundant, transforming, healing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment