Wednesday, June 07, 2017

A potentially big little thing

As soon as I felt the little lump just above my collarbone I knew what it probably was. I still don't know what it means, but I'm not going to dilly-dally in starting to find out.
Glands above the collarbone (supraclavicular lymph nodes) may swell from an infection or tumor in the areas of the lungs, breasts, neck, or abdomen. - WebMD
Enlarged lymph nodes above the collar bone (supraclavicular lymphadenopathy) are always considered to be abnormal. These generally suggest a cancer of or an infection in the region close by. Examples of these may include lung infection, lung cancer, lymphoma in the chest cavity, or breast cancer. Occasionally more distant cancers may seed these lymph nodes, such as genital cancers or colon cancer. Some inflammatory causes of the swollen lymph nodes above the collar bone (clavicle) can include tuberculosis or sarcoidosis. - MedicineNet.com
No, I'm not self-diagnosing. But I'm also not going to play around and hope it just goes away.

Whatever this turns out to be, I trust God to take care of me through it. Nothing happens that He does not use for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment