Tuesday, May 30, 2017

National lacrosse champions!

I'd nearly given up hope of ever seeing the Terp men win a title. I was not yet a lacrosse fan when they won their last one, in 1975. They'd gotten close so often and come away empty handed in 20 final fours and 9 championship games. They were so very close last year. And when the Buckeyes pulled back within 2 goals late, it looked like even Coach Tillman was thinking, "Here we go again!" But they held strong for the victory, and the drought has finally come to an end!

This, of course, isn't my victory. I had nothing to do with it. But I still am enjoying it, along with another title by the women's team this year.

Aside from that: what a nice weekend. Good yard work - which comes with a touch of poison ivy again this year. Going to have to watch out for that the rest of the season. Nice bike ride. Honored our fallen warriors. Now just need to get into training for that triathlon and try to get my tri shorty bought. Not sure the budget is going to allow for that, but we'll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment