Sunday, February 12, 2017

Unbound, set free, and sharing it

Gave my testimony at an Unbound conference yesterday, in front of a couple hundred people. I am always amazed by the affirmation I receive afterward. A few people, both men and women, called it "courageous." I don't get that. Afterward, I got a great hug from a friend I've just started praying for. I was so glad she was there; she starts cancer treatment tomorrow. Later, a total stranger walked up to me while I was talking with her husband and gave me a sustained hug, without saying a word. A recovered abuser approached me and thanked me, said he felt more healed and free yesterday than in decades of therapy and working with fellow abusers. Another man asked if he could share my contact information with a recovered abuser he knows who is still really struggling to live with himself.

God will use absolutely anything, if we'll trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment