Monday, January 09, 2017

There are some blessings

that can be hard to receive in what must be their proper context. When they're no longer a part of your life, the void can be hard to describe, but it can feel so empty. It can be like one of your senses has suddenly stopped working, or the oxygen has been sucked out of the air. The gratitude we should feel over its presence can turn to despair over its absence. There are a lot of blessings that can feel this way.

I find myself feeling a bit morbid this morning. I am so grateful for my bride, a steady blessing along life's road. I know she feels the same way about me. I don't know why I'm thinking about some future day when one of us will have to live without the other, but it has me praying again for a dear friend who buried his wife last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment