Friday, March 18, 2016

A grandchild to mourn

Neal speaks in his book of the granddaughter he has never met, for whom he and his family - and especially his oldest son - pray regularly. She lives in another country, and her mother (and her mother's family) has not allowed them any contact with her.

It reminds me of the grandchild we will never know in this life, whose unmarried father induced the child's miscarriage by violently punching our daughter in the stomach when she told him that she was pregnant. We didn't learn of this until some time after the events had occurred, and the young man had already been gone from our daughter's life for months. I prayed for this grandchild this morning, and asked him or her to pray for me and to pray with me for his or her parents. They have very different needs for spiritual and emotional freedom.

I have nine grandchildren, and I love them all. One knows the Father's love perfectly. I continue to pray that the rest will know Him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment