Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Reforming (phase 1), Our Personal History of Salvation (step 5), session 3

"`If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if some one should rise from the dead.'" - Lk 16, 31

Okay, I realize that the reading for this session is intended to make me consider something very different, that it wants me to focus on my neglect of the poor. I'm not going to totally ignore that element. I certainly haven't done as much for the poor as I believe I am called to do, for their sake and mine. And while I think that my life would look much less material were my vocation singlehood, I don't believe I'll be able to offer that as an excuse for not tending to Lazarus.

But this prophetic word which Jesus spoke in a parable continues to resound through the ages. Why is it true? Because Moses and the prophets invariably point to the Savior through the millenia and in each word spoken through them. We cannot recognize the risen Jesus if we reject the law and the prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment