Monday, March 17, 2014

Quick hits

I suppose an aspect of the virtue of gentleness for which I'm praying this season is patience with myself and others.

I had a strange dream last night in which my bride removed all but one of the hinge pins from the front door, and left it that way. This would have been very out of character for her to do, but my frustrated reaction as I tried to open the door so I could go out - in my currently injured condition - was very much in line with what it probably would have been if I actually encountered this scenario. I just hope I didn't talk in my sleep.

I will be starting to call the doctor's office in a few minutes. I pray I'm able to get in early.

Today's extracanonical reading from the Office of Readings reminds us that the purpose of every physical miracle God has ever brought about is to accomplish the greater miracle of bringing a stubborn will into obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment