Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Again We Keep This Solemn Fast

It sounds like a small thing, the giving up of my "farm" for the season. And it is. If my granddaughter, who got me started on the game, were still playing it, then it would be a little like giving her up, which of course I wouldn't be willing to do. But she doesn't, so I'm giving up a habit that consumes at least a half hour of every day. I plan to replace that time with prayer and reflection throughout the season, which is the more important part of any Lenten discipline we undertake.

This morning I spent that time in intercession for the many people I've been lifting up, mostly for health issues, from the 4-year-old daughter of a friend's friend to the father of a former neighbor, from strangers to personal friends who are struggling. It was a good prayer time to start the prayerful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment