Friday, May 14, 2010

Entertainment

Please don't misread my willingness to grit out an opportunity to spend time with you as an appreciation for your chosen programming.  It managed not to offend me for 30 minutes.  That's a record.  But it's not "30 minutes and counting," as they ruined it at the end, in about the worst possible way.  "Do I make you happy?  You make me happy.  Let's $&#*!"

And as funny as Betty White may have been in places, watching SNL reminded me why I don't set the DVR for it every week.  The funniest bits were her monologue (in which I heard echoes of Shatner's great and lambasted "you-Trekkies-should-get-a-life-of-your-own" bit from years ago) and the census gags.  Much of the rest fell into the "sexually-suggestive-humor-seems-funnier-than-it-really-is-when-delivered-by-an-88-year-old-woman" category.

No comments:

Post a Comment