Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Who I am (again)

I'm not quoting this directly, as I don't have the book (Neal Lozano, Abba's Heart) in front of me at the moment, but the gist of the thought is this: We can identify with our sin, or we can identify with our Father, but not both, and we must choose.

Again, this can go for positive traits in our lives, as well. As long as my intelligence, sexuality, wealth, or status is more important to me than my faith, it is an obstacle to my coming home to the Father's embrace. The thing that gets in our way is the idea that the Father is lucky to have me, rather than my being blessed beyond telling by the Father's mercy.

Above all other things, I am a son of the Father.

Whatever your life has been like, my greatest desire is for you to find your place as His son or daughter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment