Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sometimes I don't understand some people

So I know this grandmother who has had a bunch of stuff from her daughter (and her daughter's family) sort of laying around the house for quite some time now. Some of this stuff is no longer of any use to her daughter or to anyone else in the family. So the grandmom, sensibly enough, decides to sell it and at least get a few dollars out of it. She's selling some other items, too, that are her own.
I asked this grandmother how she was keeping track of the money she gets for her daughter's things, so that she could pass the money along to her. The daughter is a single mom now, and can use the money, even if she does appear to spend some of her own money in ways that the grandmother probably considers frivolous. 

I was kind of surprised and disappointed when the grandmother looked at me as if I had two heads. The concept seemed completely alien to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment