Saturday, February 01, 2014

SB

I have been feeling really unenthusiastic about having a "Super Bowl party" this year, complete with dishes representing each of the teams. So I thought I had escaped when we decided we'd just smoke a little salmon to have as an appetizer and maybe have a Denver omelette for brunch.

Then I casually mentioned last night that I should have thought to do up a tri-tip for tomorrow. So now I am, and now people are coming over, and our house is a wreck, and I have too much to do, and I'm concerned we don't have enough food for a change, and my mood is as gray as the day has been, and I'm tired already.

Thank you, God, for friends, and food, and cooking skill, and a house to clean. And thank you for my new tri-tip hook that I get to break out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment