Monday, January 07, 2013

I'm too old for this, but still

I was really glad when my oldest and her husband asked if I could help them with a tiling project.  They'd been planning it for a while, but the project took on a fresh urgency when they had a sewage backup last week. I've been looking for chances to nurture our relationship together, and I thought this might be a good way to do it.

It worked out great.  I went over there Friday night and we laid out and cut all the tiles, then went back Saturday morning and we installed them.  My daughter grouted on Sunday, and the result looks great.  Professional, even. And they seemed to really appreciate my help; my son-in-law said he couldn't have done it without me.  He gained some valuable experience that he can put to use when he does the other bathroom.

Now I'm a sore puppy, but it was worth it.

(truth-in-advertising moment: sore old dog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment