Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sometimes you can go home again

A wonderful week in MD. Our office was closed last week, so it was a great opportunity for us get away for a week. I decided not to mess with taking my bike, so got up early on Sunday morning for a short ride (20 miles or so), after which we got on the road. I was surprised at the traffic volume, but it mostly moved pretty well.

The first couple of days were mostly decompression. Visited with mrs tg's dad and some friends in the neighborhood. Went to visit her mom's grave, then my dad's, which is an interesting and potentially expensive story.

Took my running shoes, and ran on alternate days (first time this year; man did my legs hurt for the first few days!). Wednesday, went to an afternoon game at OP@CY; the O's blew a 4-run lead in the 9th to lose in extra innings. This team will be good if their young arms develop as hoped. In the evening, stopped for excellent crabcakes at the local seafood restaurant.

Thursday, helped get the yard ready for a party on Friday. My band mates from high school & college were coming over. The last time we were all together was probably my wedding! Played guitars, grilled out, swam in the pool, had a great view of the community fireworks from the driveway. What a grand day!

Saturday, my cousin had a get-together at his place. I met my new baby cousin, and spent a fabulous afternoon and evening with my side of the family. Another wonderful day!

Sunday, great weather and smooth traffic for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment