Monday, December 17, 2007

Tired Monday

Well, I thought I had the weekend planned pretty well. Saturday we'd get out fairly early and head out to the tree farm to execute our Christmas tree - apparently the greener option, from what I've been reading - before the storm hit, as the weather was supposed to be even worse the next day. Sunday we had our youngest grandson's first birthday party scheduled "in the evening," but an otherwise clear day except for a trainer session on the bike.

Well, heading out into the weather late Saturday morning, we found the roads passable but treacherous, so decided to postpone the tree trip. I planned instead to take a couple hours off during the week to tree hunt. As it turned out, the roads got better on Saturday as the tree hunting weather got worse, snow giving way to rain. Good thing, too, as I ended up running a grandchild errand on Saturday afternoon, then going and getting my daughter from work later in the evening.

Sunday, the weather pattern didn't dump on us as forecasted, so after 10:30 Mass I started the spaghetti sauce for supper, ate lunch, we took advantage of the "mini-break" in the weather to get our tree, did another grandkid errand followed by the birthday party (4:00 isn't exactly "in the evening," is it?), had supper, went to evening prayer, and then closed the day with a cheesecake-baking and caramel-wrapping mini-party at the house (accompanied by my half of a bottle of red wine).

I should have taken time off today to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment