Thursday, December 20, 2007

Small blessings

Sometimes, simply not getting as sick as it feel like I'm going to be is a real treat.

Late yesterday morning I started feeling queasy. I ate a packet of oatmeal, hoping that might settle my stomach. Instead, I felt myself feeling progressively worse throughout the early afternoon, so decided to carry my sick self home. I pretty much went straight to bed for a couple hours, until oldest daughter rang. Read a while, then put the lights on the tree, finally, after which I started having chills. Meanwhile my queasy stomach and grumbling intestines continued to cause me to feel quite nervous about where all this was headed. Back in bed by 9 for a broken night's sleep, but surprisingly felt well enough to come in to work today, if a little late.

I really thought this was going to be much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment