Saturday, January 16, 2016

The question was

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
If I had it to do over again, 
Why would I still pick you?
What are my feelings about that?

I was glad for the opportunity to write about it. I've been struggling, lately, with how things have been going; I was glad for the opportunity to express my understanding that struggling is part of what this journey is about, and that my struggles don't cause me to regret my choices. I remain convinced that we belong together (Sing it, Pat Benatar!) in God's plan for us for all eternity. Since my darling had not been able to join me at this meeting because of nausea and abdominal pain, I texted her the prompt, too.

I didn't really expect her to write me a letter, too. I know how writing makes her feel inadequate. That doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed that she didn't, or that it didn't hurt when she said that she couldn't think of anything to say.

It's a good thing that I know she loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment