Friday, March 25, 2011

Our daily bread

Trusting God to provide all that we need is a liberating thing.

It was crunch time, getting close to 1:00.  Each Friday I'm frantically engaged in wrapping up the weekly summary of activity on our new product line for a 3:00 meeting.  I was finished with the number crunching, but still had to finish dropping the week's accomplishments and roadblocks for each site into the report, when my computer started acting up again around lunch time.  And wouldn't recover.

While my computer was rebooting I made my way, full of frustration, to fill my cup at the water fountain.  As I was leaving to return to my desk, I thought of the mission I'd participated in all week, and prayed: "Give us, this day, our daily bread."  With those words was reminded that I can trust that God will provide for all that we need.  Yes, there's more that this part of this prayer calls me to, but it calls me first to trust in God's providence, then to respond by being an instrument of God's providence for others.

That report got done during the meeting instead of before, but y'know, it got done, and I had way more peace in my heart than I've had in many a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment